If you find yourself regularly copy and pasting information on a computer to get from place to place, you’ll be happy to know that this feature is in fact available on the iPhone. iPhones allow you to copy and paste website URLs, addresses, phone numbers, or even general text information that you find important so that you don’t have to manually write everything down that you are trying to transfer. Using these features makes web search a cinch and letting you easily look up businesses and phone numbers online and copy them directly to your phone dial pad. Set down that paper and pen and read on to learn how to copy and paste on iPhone in 2-minutes or less!
- Step 1. First step in learning how to copy and paste on an iPhone is to navigate to the information that you are trying to copy.
- Step 2. When you have found the information, place your finger over the document text and hold it down on the screen until a blue box appears and a black tab is shown above it saying ‘copy;’ Don’t click this copy tab just jet.
- Step 3. This blue box that is now highlighting the text will show two blue markers at the start and end of the sentence. Use your finger to slide these markers forward or backwards to select any of the text that you are trying to copy or get rid of any words or numbers that were highlighted that you don’t need.
- Step 4. Once all the text that you want to copy is highlighted, click the copy tab.
- Step 5. If the copied text is a number you are trying to call, head over to your phone dial pad, hold down the blue shaded box on the top, and click paste when it appears. If you are copying information anywhere else, the same process will apply that just require you to hold down the screen on an edit-able box–such as a text message–until paste appears.
That’s all there is to learning how to copy and paste on iPhone. These steps will work for just about anything on the condition that you are trying to paste the information into a box which you can write in because it the phone itself won’t let you post text onto places such as your home screen. Now you can copy and paste web addresses to browse the web faster, share information with friends, and be able to use your phone faster and more efficiently.