The iPad has been for a few years now the most popular tablet by far. You probably knew that already. But did you know that women actually use it more than men when it comes to web browsing or mobile apps? The iPad might be more popular than you have thought. Here are some interesting iPad facts gathered by various research agencies during 2012 and the first half of 2013.
- Females use the iPad more than Males for mobile Internet and apps. Female iPad owners spend an average of 5 hours 5 minutes per month on the mobile internet, compared to 3 hours 23 minutes for males. What’s more, female iPad owners spend an average of 15 hours 5 minutes per month using mobile apps, compared to 12 hours 24 minutes for males.
- iPad users spend more on online shopping than the users of other tablets. iPad users spend an average of $99.05 per eCommerce order, compared to $95.48 for Android tablet users, and $83.58 for Kindle Fire user.
- Most iPad owners are better off financially than the owners of other tablets. 20% of iPad owners have a household income of $45,000 or less. 40% of iPad owners have a household income of $100,000 or more.
- Kids are more interested in the iPad than in gaming consoles. 48% of kids aged between and 12 are interested in buying an iPad over the next 6 months; only 39% are interested in buying Nintendo’s Wii.
- The iPad is not popular only in the United States. It has a huge market share in Australia, New Zeeland, and some European countries. The iPad has over 90% of the tablet market in the United Kingdom (93.1%), Australia (93.2%), Ireland (90.2%), New Zealand (90.6%), Sweden (91.2%), Norway (92.7%), Denmark (95.0%), Iceland (93.6%), and Switzerland (91.7%). These are really interesting iPad facts, aren’t they? The iPad is the clear leader of tablets in India as well, perhaps surprisingly, considering its rather high price and the proximity of Samsung and other Asiatic tablet makers. The iPad controls 51% of the Indian tablet market; Apple (51%) and Samsung (24%).