Contacts added to Favorites on the iPhone can be dialed quickly, simply by bringing up the list of favorite contacts and tapping their name. It’s a good idea to add to your Favorites list the number of your partner, children, siblings, parents, family and best friends, to be able to contact them in no time whenever you need to. Find out below how to add contact to favorites on iPhone.
- Open up your contact list.
- Find the Favorites star icon – it’s at the bottom of the screen, in the left corner – and tap on it.
- Tap on the Plus icon. It’s in the top right corner of the screen.
- Browse through the contact window until you find the contact you want to add to your favorites.
- Tap on the contact. If the contact has several phone numbers, you will have to choose which to make a favorite. Also, you must decide how you want to call that contact, through FaceTime or Voice Call. FaceTime is a video calling app developed by Apple.
- That’s it, you’ve just learned how to add contact to favorites on iPhone.
- Delete contacts from the Favorites list by tapping on the Edit button that appears in the Favorites screen and choosing delete.
If you ever want to rearrange the order of the contacts appearing in your Favorites, open the list and tap on the Edit button. Various icons will appear left of the favorite entries, and you will want to find an icon that looks like a stack of lines and tap on it. This will make that favorite contact active, and you can drag it to a new position and drop it there. To confirm the changes, tap on the Done button in the top left of the screen.
Knowing how to add contact to favorites on iPhone enables you to quickly call the most important people in your life, without having to assign a quick dial shortcut, which you can easily forget. The Favorites list is one of the most convenient features of the iPhone.