Whether you found an iPhone or managed to forget your own password and can’t access your phone, it’s a real problem. You can try and guess, but most of the time, it won’t work. So what should you do do to be able to use your iPhone again? The easiest method would be to reset the device to it’s original setting by getting some help from iTunes. This way you will also erase all the apps, data and contacts. Sure, it’s a little disaster, but something you have to do when there is no other way out. Here are step by step instructions.
- First you need to shut off the phone. Turn it off by holding the top right button of the phone. Check if the device is completely off.
- Turn on your computer and see if it has iTunes downloaded.
- Holding down your iPhone’s Home button, connect the USB to your phone. Now the phone will turn on with the Apple image on the screen. Keep holding the Home button until you see that iTunes has started the recovery mode on the iPhone.
- Click „Restore“ on the screen and confirm. Now you will get a few prompts about the software and the license agreement and then you will see that the software has started downloading.
- Now the downloaded software will be transferred to the phone, which will reboot a few times in the process. When the transfer has finished, you will see another prompt, saying that your iPhone has been restored to it’s factory settings. After another reboot, you can start using the phone just like you did before. Unfortunately, you will have to do all the customization all over again, but at least you can start using your iPhone again.